from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Greek Mythology The fleece of the golden ram, stolen by Jason and the Argonauts from the king of Colchis.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A magical fleece from a winged ram guarded by the hydra in the tale of Jason and the Argonauts.
- proper n. A chivalric order founded in 1430 by Duke Philip III of Burgundy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. An order of knighthood instituted in 1429 by Philip the Good, Duke of Burgundy; -- called also Toison d'Or.
- n. See under Golden.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. in Greek mythology, a fleece of gold owned by the king of Colchis and guarded in a sacred grove by a dragon; recovered by Jason and the Argonauts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.