from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- transitive verb To make Greek or Hellenic in form or style.
from The Century Dictionary.
- To adopt the Greek language, customs, or ideas; imitate the Greeks.
- To render Greek; impart Greek characteristics to.-2. To translate into Greek: as, Melanchthon (black earth) is the Grecized name of Philip Schwarzerd. Also Grecise, Græcize, Græcise.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- intransitive verb To conform to the Greek custom, especially in speech.
- transitive verb To render Grecian; also, to cause (a word or phrase in another language) to take a Greek form.
- transitive verb To translate into Greek.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[French gréciser, from Late Latin graecizāre, from Greek graikizein, to speak Greek, from Graikos, Greek.]
Sorry, no example sentences found.