from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western Mississippi on the Mississippi River north of Vicksburg. It is a trade, processing, and industrial center in a fertile agricultural region. Population: 37,800.
- A city of eastern North Carolina southeast of Rocky Mount. Founded in 1786, the city grew as a tobacco market. Population: 72,100.
- A city of northwest South Carolina northwest of Columbia. Located in the Piedmont region near the Blue Ridge, it was laid out in 1797 and is today a resort and manufacturing center. Population: 57,400.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in northwest South Carolina in the Piedmont
- n. a city in eastern North Carolina; tobacco market
- n. a town in western Mississippi on the Mississippi River to the north of Vicksburg
Sorry, no etymologies found.
GREENVILLE - Environmental Protection Agency Administrator Lisa Jackson says Greenville residents shouldn't be concerned about the city's brown-colored tap water if it's being tested regularly.
GREENVILLE - Emergency crews searched for hours for the driver of a car that was found wrecked and abandoned in rural Darke County east of Greenville on Tuesday evening, April 7, according to a news release from the Darke County Sheriff's office.
GREENVILLE - A Greenville woman is charged with offering $1,000 to teens if they would hurt her son's ex-girlfriend.
GREENVILLE - A hot outlet caused the smoke that filled the prosecutor's office of the Darke County Courthouse and forced an evacuation earlier Wednesday, Dec. 2, according to the Greenville police and fire dispatcher.
GREENVILLE, AL (WSFA) - Good economic news out of Greenville today.
GREENVILLE - An arrest has been made in the slaying of 19-year-old Cordero Gilmore and police in Greenville are now investigating a related arson case.
GREENVILLE -- The backlog of DNA analysis in northwestern South Carolina could soon be eased, thanks to a new lab opening in Greenville, a newspaper reported Monday.
GREENVILLE, S.C. - Like a family recipe in an old cupboard, Greenville, S.C., is a culinary secret.
GREENVILLE - A Greenville high school football player has died after collapsing during a game.
When they refueled in Greenville, South Carolina on the 20th, they compounded this error by believing they had more fuel than they really did.