from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A member of a strong faction in medieval Italy that supported the power of the pope and the city-states in a struggle against the German emperors and the Ghibellines.
- A city of southern Ontario, Canada, west of Toronto. It is the site of the University of Guelph (established in 1964).
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Hist.) One of a faction in Germany and Italy, in the 12th and 13th centuries, which supported the House of Guelph and the pope, and opposed the Ghibellines, or faction of the German emperors.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun historical A member of a
medieval Italian factionthat supported the Popein a long struggle against the Ghibellinesand the German emperors.
- noun The city Guelph, Ontario, Canada.
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
GUELPH -- A Guelph man has received an 18-month jail sentence and been placed on the sex offender registry after pleading guilty to having an extensive collection of child pornography.
A company spokesman said the product is Liquid Children's Tylenol, grape flavor, which is made at the McNeil plant in Guelph, Ontario.
Development Charge in Guelph for above structure is around $3 million.
PERFECT be! with love and admiration from your human, feline and canine fans in Guelph, Ontario, Canada ps -- Best regards to your lovingly concerned famille too!
Following on successful conferences in Guelph, Vancouver and Fredericton, the 4th Canadian Learning Commons Conference welcomes participants who are involved in planning, creating, developing, and operating a Learning Commons.
This concert was originally slated to be part of a jazz festival in Guelph last year; I'm glad it was shifted, because we don't tend to go to see jazz music.
You'd be amazed at the number of elementary school kids there are in Guelph, Ontario now running around telling their friends about the wonders of latkes.
At the same time, the University of Guelph is also research intensive -- we are the number-one comprehensive university in research.
I wish to do three things today: to explain, for those who may not know, something about the history, function and the roles of the World University Service of Canada; to describe why and how the University of Guelph is involved and actively participates in WUSC activities; and to relate some of the new opportunities that WUSC is providing to enhance global citizenship.
So the University of Guelph is clearly pre-eminent in teaching and research in ways that link with the aspirations and concerns of WUSC, but there is one other critical way in which the university and WUSC are linked.