from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A member of a group of peoples of northern and northeast Africa, including the Berbers, Tuaregs, and the ancient Egyptians and their descendants, thought to be descended from the biblical patriarch Ham. No longer in technical use.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A fossil cephalopod of the genus Hamites.
- noun A descendant of Ham, one of the sons of Noah according to the account in Genesis; a member of one of the races supposed to have been derived from the four sons of Ham (Gen. x.); specifically, one of a race speaking a so-called Hamitic language. See
- noun Popularly, an African; a negro.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A descendant of Ham, Noah's second son. See Gen. x. 6-20.
- noun (Paleon.) A fossil cephalopod of the genus Hamites, related to the ammonites, but having the last whorl bent into a hooklike form.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A descendant of
Ham, son of Noah, a member of the nations or peoples supposedly descended from Ham, i.e. the North Africanpeoples
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
Negro blood certainly appears in strong strain among the Semites, and the obvious mulatto groups in Africa, arising from ancient and modern mingling of Semite and Negro, has given rise to the term "Hamite," under cover of which millions of Negroids have been characteristically transferred to the "white" race by some eager scientists.
Not just the actual sodomites like myself, but the Sapphic Sisterhood, the Hamite Alliance, the League of Heathens and Infidels, Atheists Anonymous, a whole panoply of progressive thinkers, aligned and unaligned, to whom your rant reads as the ethically repugnant ravings of a sociopath, given that it has so little concern for aforesaid "empathy".
With complete seriousness and no awareness of the historical abuses to which this idea has been put, they were promoting the Hamite theory of racial origins, that ugly idea that all races stemmed from the children of Noah, and that black people in particular were the cursed offspring of Ham.
As far as the Bible is concerned, Ishmael was the son of a Semite (Abraham) and a Hamite (Hagar was an Egyptian).
The Danakils are a savage pagan people of mixed Hamite (early Egyptian) and Ethiopian ancestry.
Whether or not the claim of Menelek II be true, that he himself is lineally descended from the son of Solomon and Sheba's Queen, certain it is that in race type Abyssinians are plainly come of sons of Israel, crossed and modified with Coptic, Hamite, and Ethiopian blood.
Some form of speech like Fula, Kiama (Tern), or Kposo of northern Togoland, or one of the languages of the lower Niger or Benue, may have been taken up by ancient Libyan, Hamite or Nilotic conquerors and cast into the type which we now know as Bantu, -- a division of sexless Negro speech, however, that shows no obvious traces of Hamitic (Caucasian) influence.
Since we there located it in southwestern Arabia, though involving a Hamite group, we must admit the suitability of this location for a Semitic tribe.
Page 12 beauty, which were afterward the models of those colossal structures of Egypt which have dazzled the eyes of mankind were a mixed race, a blending of Caucasian, Hamite, Semite and Negro blood with the Negro strain predominating.
King Hezekiah, as a Hamite people, settled in the eastern end of the valley of Gedor, in the wilderness south of Palestine.