from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital of Montana, in the west-central part of the state north-northeast of Butte. It was founded in 1864 after the discovery of gold at Last Chance Gulch. Helena became the territorial capital after 1874 and the state capital in 1889. Population: 27,900.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A female given name.
- proper n. The capital of the state of Montana.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. See St. Elmo's fire, under saint.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A meteoric appearance about the masts of ships. See corposant.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capital of the state of Montana; located in western Montana
While the countess was thus meditating on the loving errors of her own youth, Helena entered, and she said to her, Helena, you know I am a mother to you.
HELENA - Seven juveniles ranging in age from 13 to15 are in custody today after being charged with a burglary in the Dearing Downs subdivision in Helena on the evening of Thursday July 22.
HELENA - Helena moved one step closer toward opening the remainder of Hillsboro Parkway April 12, as the City Council approved an $800,000 bond issue to complete the project.
HELENA - Republican Bill Gallagher, a Helena attorney, launched his campaign Tuesday for the Public Service Commission seat in District 5 and blasted incumbent Democratic Commissioner Ken Toole, calling him part of an "environmentalist, more big government, more taxes" majority on the regulatory commission.
HELENA - A Helena police officer at the center of a sex discrimination suit has resigned from her position as a school resource officer on the police force.
HELENA - The Missoula Sentinel boys 'basketball team walked away with a State AA tournament berth Tuesday with a tough playoff win in Helena.
HELENA - The names of the couple involved in the Nov. 30 murder-suicide in Helena have been released.
HELENA - A week after a triple shooting that left a 16-year-old boy dead, nine Helena area churches organized a vigil at a downtown park Wednesday.
HELENA - Helena police say a 16-year-old girl is in the hospital with burns after she deliberately lay in a ring of fire.
The name Helena is derived from the Greek word Helios meaning sun or light.