from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. In the context of resistance to British colonialism, a native Indian, especially a Hindustani (plural often same as singular)
- n. In the context of Hindu nationalism, a native Indian of whatever religion, as a person of Hindu culture
- n. this sense?) A speaker of Hindi, as opposed to other languages of India; or more generally a Northern Indian (Aryan) as opposed to a Dravidian.
- n. this sense?) An Asian Indian, as opposed to an American Indian (Amerindian).
- n. A town and district in Khuzistan, Iran, now Hendijan
- n. An old name for the Zohreh River separating Khuzistan and Bushehr provinces, named after the town
The tour guide, a midtwenties Hindian with a zebra cut — Preteela someone — flashes him a brief, rueful smile.
Shekar may be really a non-Tamil Hindian or Malayali or Kannadan.
Poor fellow, I 'ope' e's well, an 'Mr Bunco too, though he _is_ a Red Hindian. "