from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. internal-combustion engine
- abbr. International Cultural Exchange
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- ice, compress, elevation (first-aid)
- Institution of Civil Engineers
- internal combustion engine, internal-combustion engine
- International Cultural Exchange
- In Case of Emergency, (used in mobile phones followed by the number to call if the phone’s owner is injured).
- in-car entertainment
- in-circuit emulator
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement - a law-enforcement agency of the United States Federal government.
- intercontinental exchange
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Poker Ice Facebook application is made to be on ICE and environmental friendly.
Oct. 26/PRNewswire/-- Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and Downtown Santa Monica will set the Guinness World Record for the tallest ice sculpture in the world at the opening of the ice skating rink, ICE at Santa Monica, on Tuesday, October 27,
Enter the word ICE into your cell phone in the same way youd enter any new contact name and then enter the numbers youd want called in an emergency.
“Ms. Lula Randall, a nurse at the center, informed me that we have what we call an ICE, which is an in-center emergency, and she had seen an individual and needed for me to see him also and to evaluate him and see if he needed any treatment,” Dr. Wheatley recalled.
And Kurt Vonnegut readers may find themselves associating the name "ICE" with "Ice Nine," the seemingly-safe invention in Cat's Cradle which freezes all the oceans on Earth by mistake.
Apparently, you can even make it so the "ICE" entries come first in your address book, by putting a space before the word ICE or numbers: "1 ICE", "2 ICE".
ICE is expanding in much of Antarctica, contrary to the widespread public belief that global warming is melting the continental ice cap.
The CFTC beefed up its oversight of trading in ICE's Henry Hub natural-gas contract in 2009 after determining it plays a role in setting market prices.
He testified that he called his ICE agent to complain about being held for possible deportation.
Although ICE is not supposed to incarcerate US citizens, it has; they (like the immigrants ICE processes) are denied access to counsel.