from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A period of mild weather occurring in late autumn.
- noun A pleasant, tranquil, or flourishing period occurring near the end of something.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun a stretch of sunny and warm days during late autumn
- noun figuratively the late autumn of life; a late flowering of activity before old age
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a period of unusually warm weather in the autumn
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.