from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A municipal borough of west-central England west-southwest of Birmingham. Carpets have been manufactured here since 1735. Population: 55,300.
- n. An ingrain carpet originally made in Kidderminster.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A town in Worcestershire traditionally associated with the cloth trade, and the manufacture of carpets
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A kind of ingrain carpeting, named from the English town where formerly most of it was manufactured.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A kind of carpet, named from the town in England where it was formerly principally manufactured.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Dr Taylor in Kidderminster got the Lib Dems to stand down and his voting record confirms very close correlation with the Lib Dems since then.
Mermaid - the Famous Five didn't exist (did they?) however Thomas the Tank Engine is real and holidays in Kidderminster.
Soleis in Attica, among the Greeks, built by Solon, and applied as we use the word Kidderminster for curtains from a town also of that name -- but this is learning you have no taste for!) -- I say, madam, there are many sarcasms in it, and solecisms also.
And as to Jonathan, who is but John lengthened out a little, he would see creation whittled into chips before he would even split what may henceforth be called the Kidderminster difference.
Here I am in Norfolk wanting a local adviser and I am calling Kidderminster! "
In order to assess support for this peaceful but possibly effective protest, interested readers should write to me at 11 Church Walk, Kidderminster DY11 6XY or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tattersall, who was 89 and had lived in Kidderminster since leaving the county in 1960, was a key figure in the Lancashire team that shared the title with Surrey in 1950, when he took 193 wickets at an average of 13.59.
He was released by the club in 1952 and went on to enjoy short spells with Third Lanark and Kidderminster Harriers.
There were the embarrassing FA Cup defeats to non-league Altrincham and Kidderminster and the humiliation of relegation to the third tier of English football in 1989.
Those looking for instant internet gratification could move to Herne Hill or Morden in London, Kidderminster in Worcestershire or North Shields, which all feature among the 10 fastest locations in the UK.