from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A member of the second highest of the four castes of traditional Indian society, responsible for upholding justice and social harmony, and including people in governing and military positions.
- adj. Of or relating to the caste of Kshatriyas.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. The military caste, the second of the four great Hindu castes; also, a member of that caste. See caste.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The second or military caste in the social system of the Brahmanic Hindus, the special duties of the members of which are bravery, generosity, rectitude, and honorable conduct generally.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a member of the royal or warrior Hindu caste
Wearing a white diamond with a slight hue of red, which is called the Kshatriya Diamond, is held to make one brave, an able diplomat, and a political leader who will achieve great success in his career.
Moreover the word Kshatriya is not used in that mantra.
The Kshatriya is a mobile suit from the manga and OVA series Mobile Suit Gundam Unicorn.
A person is called a Kshatriya because he rescues others from wounds and injuries.
O Kaurava, neither years, nor wrinkles, nor wealth, nor possession of friends, would entitle a Kshatriya to be regarded as a Maharatha!
Thy vocation, O son of Kunti, is that of the Kshatriya, which is to protect (the subjects).
Whether he does or does not do any other act, if only he protects his subjects, he is regarded to accomplish all religious acts and is called a Kshatriya and the foremost of men.
(Kshata), he was, for that reason, called a Kshatriya (protector from injuries).
Know that the Kshatriya is the protector and the destroyer of the people, Therefore, a Kshatriya in distress should take (by force) what he can, with a view to (ultimately) protect the people.
The Kshatriya is the cause of the Brahmana's growth and the Brahmana is the cause of the