from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of southern California, a residential and industrial suburb of Long Beach. Population: 80,100.
- A city of north-central Colorado, a residential suburb of Denver. Population: 140,000.
- A township of east-central New Jersey east-southeast of Trenton. Settled in 1800, it is a noted health resort. Population: 69,600.
- A city of northeast Ohio, a residential and industrial suburb of Cleveland on Lake Erie. Population: 52,200.
- An unincorporated community of west-central Washington, a suburb of Tacoma. Population: 57,600.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
LAKEWOOD - The next move in a village plan to annex 540 acres into Lakewood could be determined by a judge next week.
LAKEWOOD - A Lakewood resident is hoping to help stock the shelves of a local food pantry with a little help from her neighbors.
LAKEWOOD -- A man who spotted a fire at a home in Lakewood says the homeowner just sat in his chair as the fire burned.
LAKEWOOD -- A 46-year-old woman from the Townsend area was killed in a one-vehicle rollover Wednesday night on Oconto County F, four miles north of Lakewood, according to the Oconto County Sheriff's Department.
LAKEWOOD - More than 300 customers in Lakewood were without electricity for about an hour Thursday night after a driver knocked down a power pole, utility and law enforcement officials said.
LAKEWOOD - A Lakewood police officer who saw three of his colleagues shot dead Sunday tried to stop the fleeing gunman and might have shot him before being killed at a Parkland coffee shop, authorities said.
LAKEWOOD - Authorities in Lakewood are reviewing a video posted on a Web site that shows an ambulance and an EMS squad car spinning out in a snow-covered parking lot.
LAKEWOOD - One of the biggest sporting events to hit Colorado this year is underway in Lakewood.
LAKEWOOD -- Two people managed to escape after a house in Lakewood caught fire early Tuesday morning.
LAKEWOOD - What was somewhat uncommon about Thursday's promotion of Lakewood closer B.J. Rosenberg was he is being jumped two levels in the Phillies 'organization.