from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The largest city of Kentucky, in the northeast-central part east-southeast of Louisville. A noted center for the raising of thoroughbred horses, it was named in 1775 after the Battle of Lexington. Population: 271,000.
- A town of northeast Massachusetts, a residential suburb of Boston. The Battle of Lexington (April 19, 1775) marked the beginning of the American Revolution. Population: 30,200.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Any number of places in the USA, see Wikipedia:Lexington
- proper n. The battle of Lexington, one of the first battles in the American Revolutionary War, see Wikipedia:Battles of Lexington and Concord
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city in eastern Kentucky; noted for raising thoroughbred horses
- n. town in eastern Massachusetts near Boston where the first battle of the American Revolution was fought
- n. the first battle of the American Revolution (April 19, 1775)
Sorry, no etymologies found.
LEXINGTON - Authorities in Lexington have arrested a man they say directed a laser pointer at a police helicopter.
LEXINGTON - With the starting date of the World Equestrian Games less than a month away, hotel rooms are beginning to become harder to find in Lexington.
LEXINGTON - A Lexington pastor has won some VIP treatment at the Feb. 7 Super Bowl in Miami with his video entry explaining why he is a displaced fan.
LEXINGTON - A former Lexington teacher who fled to Mexico with a 13-year-old student in
LEXINGTON - A Lexington man arrested 19 times on suspicion of driving under suspension has reached a deal with prosecutors.
LEXINGTON - Kelsey Peterson, the Lexington teacher who had an affair with a sixth-grade student before fleeing to Mexico, pleaded guilty to two counts of felony sexual assault of a minor Monday in Dawson County District Court.
LEXINGTON - Lexington could use sales tax proceeds for loans to new businesses, to attract industrial acquisitions and to expand existing businesses.
LEXINGTON - A former Lexington teacher has pleaded guilty to two state charges for having sex and fleeing to Mexico with a 13-year-old student.
LEXINGTON - A published report in Lexington says the University of Kentucky is investigating the former superintendent of the university's Woodford County Farm.
LEXINGTON - A Lexington native and former poet laureate for Kentucky has died at his home.