from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A thick woolen blanket in solid colors or stripes, formerly used in northern and western North America by traders, trappers, and Native Americans.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- A thick blanket formerly in common use in the western part of the United States.
- a heavy woolen cloth heavily napped and felted, often with a plaid design.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. A name given to the blankets distributed to the Indians of the Northwest by the United States government.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a thick plaid blanket formerly used in the northwestern United States
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.