from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Robin Hood's sweetheart.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. A prominent character in the legend of Robin Hood.
- n. The lady of the May games; one of the characters in a morris dance; a May queen. Afterward, a grotesque character personated in sports and buffoonery by a man in woman's clothes.
- n. A kind of dance.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Originally, the queen of the May, one of the characters in the old morris-dance, often a man in woman's clothes.
- n. A kind of dance; a morris-dance or Moorish dance.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.