from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. See Illust. 5, of Cross.
- n. A Eurasian garden perennial (Lychins chalcedonica) having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads.
- n. A cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center. See illustration under cross.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- A plant, Lychnis Chalcedonica. Also called cross-of-Jerusalem.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Eurasian garden perennial having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads
- n. a cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center
Sorry, no etymologies found.
They, with two others below, formed the revolving Maltese cross of the reaping-machine, which had been brought to the field on the previous evening to be ready for operations this day.