from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun A cross having four equal arms resembling arrowheads joined at the points.
from The Century Dictionary.
- A plant, Lychnis Chalcedonica. Also called
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Bot.) A Eurasian garden perennial (
Lychins chalcedonica) having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads.
- noun A cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center. See illustration under
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun Eurasian garden perennial having scarlet flowers in dense terminal heads
- noun a cross with triangular or arrow-shaped arms and the points toward the center
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.