from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A town of Monaco on the Mediterranean Sea and the French Riviera. It is a noted resort famed for its casino and luxurious hotels. Population: 15,500.
- adj. Of or relating to a problem-solving technique that uses random samples and other statistical methods for finding solutions to mathematical or physical problems.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A part of Monaco famous for its casinos.
- proper n. A commonly served drink consisting of beer and grenadine.
- proper n. Shortening of Monte Carlo method.
- proper n. An informal dance competition, where contestants in one quarter of the floor are eliminated by a randomly chosen card representing the corner.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town and popular resort in the principality of Monaco; famous for its gambling casino
After Monte Carlo 1.(American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, Fourth Edition)
Monte ("mountain") + Carlo ("Charles/Carl"). Named after Charles III of Monaco. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.