from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- The capital of Alabama, in the southeast-central part of the state south-southeast of Birmingham. Designated the state capital in 1847, the city boomed as a cotton market and port on the Alabama River. From February to May 1861 it served as the first capital of the Confederate States of America. Population: 202,000.
- Montgomery, Sir Bernard Law. First Viscount Montgomery of Alamein. 1887-1976. British army officer who during World War II commanded the British victories over German forces in North Africa (1942) and the Allied advance through Normandy (1944).
- Montgomery, Lucy Maud 1874-1942. Canadian writer best known for her novel Anne of Green Gables (1908) and its many sequels.
- Montgomery, John Leslie Known as "Wes.” 1923-1968. American jazz guitarist noted for his unique, quiet style and for the rich, mellow tones he produced by playing guitar without a pick.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A surname.
- proper n. Bernard Montgomery (Monty) British army officer
- proper n. A male given name transferred from the surname.
- proper n. The capital city of Alabama; see Wikipedia:Montgomery, Alabama
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. Canadian novelist (1874-1942)
- n. English general during World War II; won victories over Rommel in North Africa and led British ground forces in the invasion of Normandy (1887-1976)
- n. the state capital of Alabama on the Mobile River
MONTGOMERY - Opponents of the new federal health care plan are gathering at the Alabama Statehouse to push for legislative action in Montgomery.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - There's a problem lurking under the streets of Montgomery.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Hyundai Motor Manufacturing America is confirming that production of the popular Santa Fe SUV vehicle will move from Montgomery to the company's West Point,
MONTGOMERY | A pilot was unharmed Tuesday night when he was forced to make an emergency landing on a highway south of Montgomery.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Two suspects are in custody at this hour in connection with the morning murder of a Montgomery woman.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - Montgomery businessman Scott Simmons made it official Thursday throwing his hat into the ring to be the next mayor of Montgomery.
MONTGOMERY, AL (WSFA) - The years-long annexation battle between the city of Montgomery and the town of Pike Road continues after the Alabama Supreme Court reversed a key ruling Friday.
MONTGOMERY - Former HealthSouth CEO Richard Scrushy says he was a victim of selective prosecution when he was convicted of bribery in 2006 and has asked a Montgomery federal judge to grant him a new trial.
MONTGOMERY | A Montgomery judge on Friday dismissed a lawsuit by the American Civil Liberties Union to clarify which ex-felons in Alabama can register to vote, in a decision that means the issue won't be resolved before the Nov. 4 election.
MONTGOMERY: A group of crooks in Montgomery stole a forklift, used it to steal an ATM from a bank, and a surveillance camera caught the whole thing!