from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- abbr. Nigeria
- abbr. Nigerian
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Stingy; niggardly.
- n. A stingy person; a niggard.
- To be stingy; be niggardly.
- To clip (money).
- Same as nidge.
- A colloquial form for renege. See renege, 2.
- n. A small piece; a chip.
- n. An abbreviation of nigger.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
For my part, I did indeed see a more complete word than just "Nig."
The point is that the image implants letters that make up some variant of the several "Nig..." words for African-Americans.
Day by day there was a manifest change of deportment towards "Nig."