from The Century Dictionary.
- The ark in which, according to the account in Genesis, Noah and his family, with many animals, were saved in the deluge.
- A child's toy representing this ark with its occupants.
- Parallel streaks of cirrus cloud, appearing by the effect of perspective to converge toward the horizon: in some countries a sign of rain. Also called
- A bivalve mollusk, Arca noæ, an ark-shell: so named by Linnæus.
- In botany, the larger yellow lady's-slipper, Cypripedium pubescens.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- proper noun The ship built by Noah according to God's command, as related in the bible.
- proper noun (Zoöl.) A marine bivalve shell (
Arca Noæ), which somewhat resembles an ark, or ship, in form.
- proper noun A child's toy, consisting of an ark-shaped box containing many different wooden animals.
- proper noun Anything having a wide and representative assortment of people or objects of a particular class.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun The vessel built by
Noahunder God's instructions, as described in Genesis.
- noun zoology A small bivalve
mollusc, Arca noae
- noun uncommon, Australian rhyming slang
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.