from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A river, about 1,488 km (925 mi) long, of western Russia flowing north, east, and northeast to join the Volga River near Nizhny Novgorod.
- A river rising in the Sayan Mountains of south-central Russia and flowing about 965 km (600 mi) generally north to the Angara River.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A certain village in the Canadian province of Quebec.
- n. A kind of pungent, semi-soft cheese, originally made by Trappist monks in Oka, Quebec.
- proper n. A river in central Russia, the largest right tributary of the Volga.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. South American wood sorrel cultivated for its edible tubers
- n. a Turkish liquid unit equal to 1.3 pints
- n. a Turkish unit of weight equal to about 2.75 pounds
The Ontario government, not wanting a repeat of Mike Harris 'cavalry charge into Ipperwash, not to mention the SQ's cavalry charge into Oka, is stymied by indecision.
Masi Oka is a talented and lucky guy: Brown graduate, ILM alum and now Hiro Nakamura on Heroes.
Rumor also has it Oka is looking to leave Heroes but NBC does not want him to leave.
Our actions in Oka were not well understood or appreciated by all involved at the time.
And it was true in Oka, Quebec, in 1992, when we provided medical supplies and food to people in the community affected during the extended stand-off.
Like Ali Larter, Hayden Panettiere, and Milo Ventimiglia, Masi Oka is developing a flourishing movie career beyond the world of Heroes, and his most prominent role to date is co-starring alongside Nate Torrance in the “Get Smart” movie spin-off, “Get Smart’s Bruce and Lloyd Out of Control”.
One Heroes Season 4 rumor, and an update on what Masi Oka aka Hiro has been doing during his hiatus from the show.
Taihoku to build another camp - called the Oka Camp, where the men from Taihoku Camp #6 were to be moved "for their safety from the American bombing of the city".
Mona's party was fun, there was a ton of cheese, and one of them, it was called Oka, tasted worse and smelled worse than anything I've ever tried in my life.
The Oka was a rocket bomb, manned for supreme accuracy.