from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A plain of southern Greece in the northwest Peloponnesus. It was a religious center devoted to the worship of Zeus and the site of the ancient Olympic Games. The statue of the Olympian Zeus by Phidias was one of the Seven Wonders of the World.
- The capital of Washington, in the western part of the state on the southern end of Puget Sound. Settled in 1845, it became the territorial capital in 1853. Population: 44,600.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. An ancient city in Greece, home of the very first Olympic Games, see w:Olympia, Greece
- proper n. The capital city of the US state of Washington, see w:Olympia, Washington.
- proper n. A female given name; quite rare in English.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. capital of the state of Washington; located in western Washington on Puget Sound
- n. a plain in Greece in the northwestern Peloponnese; the chief sanctuary of Zeus and the site of the original Olympian Games
OLYMPIA - An energy policy that relies on green energy is good for the nation's national security as well as the environment, a coalition of military veterans said Friday in Olympia.
OLYMPIA - A cross-section of the South Sound Jewish community stood outside the Olympia
OLYMPIA - An Olympia city councilman is giving up his post as he faces legal problems.
OLYMPIA - An Olympia man today settled a dangerous-highway-design lawsuit against the
OLYMPIA - The cameras that nab red-light runners in Bremerton could become less profitable under legislation now being considered in Olympia.
OLYMPIA - Pasco acquired a new ally in Olympia when Gov.
OLYMPIA - An Olympia man was sentenced to life in prison under the state's "three strikes" law Thursday for raping and assaulting a woman who offered him a ride home April 12.
OLYMPIA - The streets of Olympia will be filled with arts lovers and celebrations of nature today and Saturday.
OLYMPIA - The port of Olympia is holding a series of public open houses this week to discuss plans for the NorthPoint District, a waterfront development.
OLYMPIA â€ "A 28-year-old man left paralyzed by a gunmanâ€ ™ s bullet during an attempted robbery two years ago is elated that Olympia police have located two suspects. â€œIâ€ ™ m happy, â€ said Chad Barnett, who is undergoing rehabilitation so he can use a walker. â€œI believe in karma, so what goes around comes around. â€