from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- Princely family of Europe ruling continuously in the Netherlands since 1815. The name was first used for a former principality of southeast France that passed to the house of Nassau in 1530.
- A city of southern California north-northeast of Santa Ana. It is a manufacturing center in a citrus-growing area. Population: 135,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A town in France.
- proper n. The name of the Dutch Royal House.
- proper n. Prince or Princess of Orange. Title of the first-born to the Dutch Royal House.
- adj. Relating to the Orange Order.
I get that the Irish flag is comprised of the colors green, white, and orange, where the green represents Catholics and the Orange represents Protestants.
Over too-frequent visits to Scoops, we saw another shop go up: A slick orange building across the street, Orange 20 Bikes picked up the vibe that the Kitchen was generating, and built upon it, custom-building quality bicycles for the urban rider.
My grandmother had a little, tiny orange ranch in Orange, California.
The village people had orange cockades too, and his friend the blacksmith's laughing daughter pinned one into Harry's old hat, which he tore out indignantly when they bade him to cry "God save the Prince of Orange and the Protestant religion!" but the people only laughed, for they liked the boy in the village, where his solitary condition moved the general pity, and where he found friendly welcomes and faces in many houses.
Tuitert, 29, put together the greatest race of his career, leaving Davis more than half a second behind to set off an orange wave of euphoria at the Richmond Olympic Oval where the Dutch Prince of Orange joined in the cheers.
ORANGE - A recent rash of vehicle burglaries in Orange have investigators with the Orange Police Department reminding citizens to not leave anything valuable in plain view and lock their doors.
ORANGE - The Democratic congressional candidate for Virginia's Seventh District visited the town of Orange last week on the campaign trail.
Think he/she meant they wanted to change the orange hover state from Orange to Red, in which case they'd need to find:
ORANGE (July 27, 2010) -- An off-duty police officer in Orange was under investigation
ORANGE - Hundreds of Orange County Catholics paid a final tribute Friday to Bishop Norman McFarland, praising him as a "goodly man" whose faith and frugality helped shape the Diocese of Orange for more than a decade.