from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. The Indic language of Orissa, a state in eastern India.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. the official language of the state of Orissa, India.
- n. An inhabitant of Orissa.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The language of Orissa, former kingdom and modern province lying between Bengal and the Coromandel coast. It belongs to the Indic branch of the Indo-European family.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a Magadhan language that is spoken by the Oriya and is the official language of the Indian state of Orissa
- n. a member of a people in India living in Orissa and neighboring areas
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sayantani is born to Bengali parents, but she is well versed in Oriya language.
She & her husband both are well known writer in Oriya & I wish her sucessin life.
She is no doubt a most talented female writers not only in Oriya but in all Indian Literature.
I don't think she is not well versed in Oriya, at least she never appealed for support in Oriya.
The beauty with a brain, has successfully established herself not only in Oriya Fim Industry, but also in the heart of Oriya people. posted by 24/7 News Network @ 12: 22 PM
From "Maa Gojabayani" to "Kathantara", Anu has taken a big leap forward to make his presence felt in Oriya household.
The ad campaign is being aired in Hindi, Marathi, Gujarati, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Malayalam, Bengali, Assamese and Oriya so that it can reach out to the masses.
In the novella "Translator Translated," one of three in Anita Desai's collection "The Artist of Disappearance" Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, 156 pages, $23 , a reclusive professor named Perma Joshi experiences a rare joyful feeling of communion as she translates a novel from the Indian language Oriya into English.
BUT am an Oriya ... meaning I and my entire clan has been there for generations ... so I KNOW what you are JUST talking about …
She can speak Oriya, the eastern Indian language of her parents.