from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Used formerly as a title for the monarch of Iran.
- n. Used formerly as a title for the sultan of Turkey.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. a ruler of a Muslim country or state
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Chief ruler; monarch; sovereign; -- a title of the Sultan of Turkey, and of the Shah of Persia.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. Great king; emperor: a title given by the Turks to the Sultan, and by extension to various European monarchs.
Mohammedan of this period the Padishah was a being set apart by Heaven to fulfil the decrees of the Prophet.
At the start of the film House Atreides the good guys has control over Dune but little do they know House Harkonnen run by the Baron Vladimir Harkonnen has conspired with the Padishah Emperor Shaddam Corrino IV to win back the planet from the Atreides.
The known universe is ruled by the Padishah Emperor Shaddam the Fourth, my father.
And they always spoke so badly of the Padishah, the one person alive who could identify me!
“I still say that runt Padishah Sedha killed Emperor Anil.”
I was surprised to see the Padishah doing his own shopping, but did not think much of it at the time.
Some of them talked excitedly about possibly being with a Padishah.
Salvador Dali was set to play the Padishah Emperor Shaddam, ruler of the galaxy.
It was time to take the fight directly to the Padishah Emperor himself.
Both the Galactic Emperor in STAR WARS and the Padishah Emperor in DUNE live in universes that are fantasy-flavored science fiction.