from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. copper(II) acetoarsenite, a highly toxic blue-green compound used as a pigment, colorant, insecticide and rodenticide.
- adj. Of a shade of pale green, originally produced with Copper(II) acetoarsenite
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. a poisonous green powder, consisting of a mixture of several double salts of the acetate and arsenite of copper. It has found very extensive use as a pigment for wall paper, artificial flowers, etc., but particularly as an exterminator of insects, as the potato bug; -- called also Schweinfurth green, imperial green, Vienna green, emerald qreen, and mitis green.
- n. See under Green, n.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. See green.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a shade of green tinged with yellow
- n. a toxic double salt of copper arsenate and copper acetate
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.