from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. Informal A Confederate soldier.
- n. Judaism Used as a title of respect for a man. Used with the given name.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. Shortened form of Rebecca.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- An abbreviation of Rebel, applied especially by the Unionists to the Confederates in the Civil War in the United States: often personified as Johnnie Reb.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. `Johnny' was applied as a nickname for Confederate soldiers by the Federal soldiers in the American Civil War; `greyback' derived from their grey Confederate uniforms
Casca 27 will come out in 2008 - its going to be the second part of the 2-parter Civil War story that Johnny Reb is the start of.
When dey brung de young good lookin 'Reb up ter de redheaded Gen'l he sez' What you name Reb? '
After he kills the triceratops, Reb bellows (or, rather, the guy dubbing Reb), "Yaaaaaaaaaugh!"
Rebaudioside A, also known as Reb A and rebiana, is a high-intensity sweetener derived from the stevia leaf.
Rebaudioside-A ingredients, the zero-calorie, high intensity sweetener derived from the stevia leaf, also known as Reb-A or rebiana.
Senomyx has also commenced activities to discover enhancers of Rebaudioside-A (also known as Reb-A or rebiana), a natural sweetener derived from the stevia plant that is often associated with off-tastes and a lingering aftertaste.
"Reb" Zelig, nor to prefix to his name the American equivalent -- "Mr."
Berrel had got the little collecting box of "Reb" Mayer the "Wonder-worker," into which his mother threw a "_kopek_," sometimes two, every Friday, before lighting the
During that most bloody battle, he informed me that a "Reb" drew a bead on him at about a dozen yards 'distance, and fired, He said he felt just as if somebody had punched him in the chest, and knocked him flat on his back on top of a sharp stone -- no pain at all, nor any further recollection of what had happened, until he found himself at the base, in hospital.
"Reb," said he after a while, "I bend my head low before you because it is necessary that justice be done in the world, and that the great-grandson of the one who cursed should bow before the great-grandson of the accursed."