from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A municipal borough of southern England northwest of Southampton on the edge of Salisbury Plain, a chalky plateau that is the site of Stonehenge. The city was chartered in 1220 and developed around its noted cathedral. Population: 43,300.
- See Harare.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A city in Wiltshire, England.
- proper n. A town in Maryland, USA.
- proper n. The former name of Harare, the capital city of Zimbabwe.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. the capital and largest city of Zimbabwe
Sorry, no etymologies found.
SALISBURY, Md. - In Salisbury, crews were still hard at work to make sure roads and the piles of snow were cleared.
SALISBURY, Md. - Salisbury officials are reporting the first weather fatality.
SALISBURY - Robert Charles Amblo, 65, died Feb. 19, 2010, at his home in Salisbury.
SALISBURY, Md. - The State of Emergency for the city of Salisbury was lifted Thursday at
SALISBURY, Md - The back-to-back blizzards and extremely cold temperatures have had an impact on the homeless here in Salisbury.
SALISBURY, Md. - A shooting investigation continues in Salisbury, that sent a little girl to the hospital.
SALISBURY - A Whiting man, his 24-year-old daughter and his 3-year-old granddaughter died Saturday when their snowmobiles went through the ice on Lake Dunmore in Salisbury.
SALISBURY, Md. - While there's still snow on the ground now, Salisbury officials are already gearing up for this weekend.
SALISBURY, Md. - The mission to cut crime in Salisbury is, ongoing with the help of a
SALISBURY, CT - 27 MARCH 2009 - 032709JT02 - Hotchkiss School students Nadiya Hafizova, sophomore, and Arielle Miller, freshman, both 15, collect soil samples at Fairfield Farm in Salisbury as part of Hotchkiss 'Fairfield Farm's Ecosystem and Adventure Team on Friday.