from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of western California southeast of San Francisco. Named by a Spanish expedition in 1776, it was the center of a Mexican colony from 1822 to 1846. Population: 91,600.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a town in California to the south of San Francisco
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.