from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Cuba east-southeast of Havana. Founded in 1689, it is a processing center and rail junction. Population: 210,000.
- A city of western California northwest of San Jose. It is mainly a residential community. Population: 109,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A county, city and mission located in California, United States.
- proper n. The native people of this region.
- proper n. The native language spoken in this region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city of west central California; residential area with light industry
The Spanish named a California Mission Santa Clara de Asís after Saint Clare of Assisi in the late 18th century. Eventually the name was extended by linguists to mean the native Tamyen people gathered at the mission and their primary language. (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.