from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A city of central Cuba east-southeast of Havana. Founded in 1689, it is a processing center and rail junction. Population: 210,000.
- A city of western California northwest of San Jose. It is mainly a residential community. Population: 109,000.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A county, city and mission located in California, United States.
- proper n. The native people of this region.
- proper n. The native language spoken in this region.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a city of west central California; residential area with light industry
The Associated Press could not independently confirm either version of the incident in Santa Clara, which is about 200 miles 300 kilometers from the capital.
Before the fleet separated, they met with a great ship of Biscay on the coast of Spain, called the Santa Clara of 600 tons, which was taken after a stout resistance.
Santa Clara, which is located around 40 miles south of San Francisco, would logically figure to benefit from such upgrades.
She flagged down a passing motorist and called Santa Clara police.
"But he returned the favor the following year," recalled Santa Clara head coach Mark O'Brien, referring to a three-hit, 12-strikeout performance in a 5-0 triumph over the Broncos.
The 49ers are still committed to the rumor of Santa Clara, which is farther from the Raiders 'fan base than the Coliseum.
The remaining construction site in Santa Clara, which is in the San Jose market, should begin unit deliveries in the second quarter of 2010.
Team president Jed York told the Santa Clara City Council of his hope that the team can call Santa Clara home for decades to come.
"We've done so much phone banking in this area we're now calling Santa Clara numbers."
Anyone who spots Wu should not approach him but should instead call Santa Clara police at (408) 615-4700 or 911.