from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or relating to Scotland or its people, language, or culture.
- noun Scots English.
- noun The people of Scotland.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Of, pertaining to, or characteristic of Scotland or its inhabitants; pertaining to the form of English peculiar to Scotland, or to the literature written in it; Scotch: as, Scottish scenery; Scottish traits. See
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Of or pertaining to the inhabitants of Scotland, their country, or their language.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective Of a person, native to or born in
- adjective Of a thing or concept, of or pertaining to
- proper noun The people of
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of or relating to or characteristic of Scotland or its people or culture or its English dialect or Gaelic language
- noun the dialect of English used in Scotland
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[Middle English scottisc; see Scots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Scot + -ish.
Sorry, no example sentences found.