from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- A mountain range of southern Spain along the Mediterranean coast east of Granada. It rises to 3,480.4 m (11,411 ft) at Mulhacén.
- A mountain range of eastern California extending about 644 km (400 mi) between the Sacramento and San Joaquin valleys and the Nevada border. Mount Whitney, 4,420.7 m (14,494 ft), is the highest elevation.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A mountain range in Andalusia, Spain
- proper n. A mountain range in California and Nevada, USA
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a mountain range in southern Spain along the Mediterranean coast to the east of Granada
- n. a mountain range in eastern California; contains Mount Whitney
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.