from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- proper n. A fairy tale originally titled La Belle au bois dormant by Charles Perrault.
- proper n. The main character in this story, who is in unbroken slumber under a magical spell, awaiting the kiss of a prince.
- proper n. A transposon used in genetic engineering
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. The wood-sorrel, Oxalis Acetosella.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a person who is sleeping soundly
- n. fairy story: princess under an evil spell who could be awakened only by a prince's kiss
- n. a potential takeover target that has not yet been put in play
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Popular titles included Sleeping Beauty , Alice in Wonderland , Peter Rabbit and stories from the Bible.