from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun Any of various marine food fishes of the genus Scomberomorus, especially the commercially important species S. maculatus of Atlantic coastal waters of North America.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
tribeof mackerel, Scomberomorini
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a California food fish
- noun any of several large marine food fishes of the genus Scomberomorus
- noun flesh of commercially important fishes especially of the Atlantic coastal waters of America
- noun medium-sized mackerel of temperate Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.