from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A tribe of mackerel, Scomberomorini
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. In the United States, a handsome mackerel having bright yellow round spots (Scomberomorus maculatus), highly esteemed as a food fish. The name is sometimes erroneously applied to other species. See Illust. under Mackerel.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a California food fish
- n. any of several large marine food fishes of the genus Scomberomorus
- n. flesh of commercially important fishes especially of the Atlantic coastal waters of America
- n. medium-sized mackerel of temperate Atlantic and Gulf of Mexico
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.