from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- A district of southern Greater London, England. It is the site of a major annual tennis tournament.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun A borough of
- proper noun The Wimbledon Championships, a prestigious
- proper noun soccer Wimbledon F.C., a former
footballclub that represented the London borough; the club's corporate successor is Milton Keynes Dons.
- proper noun soccer AFC Wimbledon, a
footballclub founded by supporters of the original Wimbledon F.C. as a response to that club's move to Milton Keynes.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a suburb of London and the headquarters of the club where annual international tennis championships are played on grass courts
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.