from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- An island of Upper New York Bay southwest of Manhattan. It was the chief immigration station of the United States from 1892 to 1943. Officially closed in 1954, the site was designated a National Monument in 1965, and the main building was opened to the public as a museum in 1990.
Sorry, no etymologies found.