from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun The complete system of interlinked documents that use the HTTP protocol, residing on the Internet and accessible to users via a web browser.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun The collective total of all computer installations that are connected to the internet and provide access to other computers connected to the internet, using
hypertext transfer protocol, to computer files called web pages, which may have text, graphics, audio or animated video data, as well as pages which may provide data or information in all those forms.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- proper noun Collectively, all of the
web pageson the Internetwhich hyperlinkto each other and to other kinds of documents and media.
- proper noun computing Internet
resourcesthat are retrieved by Hypertext Transfer Protocol ( HTTP).
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun computer network consisting of a collection of internet sites that offer text and graphics and sound and animation resources through the hypertext transfer protocol
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
1990, coined by Tim Berners-Lee and Robert Cailliau, from worldwide and web.
Sorry, no example sentences found.