from The Century Dictionary.
- noun In entomology, a tracheal dilatation forming an air-sac, as in the abdomen of the honey-bee and certain other insects.
- noun A machine or vessel sustaining weights in the air; a balloon; a flying-machine.
- noun An aëronaut; a balloonist.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun (Aëronautics) A balloon, especially a passive balloon; a balloon without motive power. Contrasted with
- noun A balloonist; an aëronaut.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.