from The Century Dictionary.
- In civil law, to transfer the title of from one to another; make over to another, as goods.
- To estrange or wholly withdraw.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- transitive verb (Civil Law) To transfer the title of from one to another; to alienate.
- transitive verb obsolete To estrange; to withdraw.
- transitive verb To cause alienation of (mind).
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- verb Civil Law, transitive To transfer the
titleof from one to another; to alienate.
- verb this sense?) (
obsolete) To estrange; to cause alienationof.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
From Latin abaliēnātus, perfect passive participle of abaliēnō ("alienate; remove"); from ab- ("by, from; away") + aliēnō ("alienate, estrange"); from aliēnus ("foreign, alien"), from alius ("other, another").
Sorry, no example sentences found.