from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. An abrasive.
- adj. Abrasive.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. A material used for grinding, as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.; an abrasive.
- adj. Tending to abrade; causing irritation; abrasive.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. A material used for grinding, as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- Abrading; having the property or quality of scraping.
- n. A material used for grinding, such as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a tool or machine used for wearing down or smoothing or polishing
- n. a substance that abrades or wears down
abrade + -ant (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.