from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- noun An abrasive.
- adjective Abrasive.
from The Century Dictionary.
- Abrading; having the property or quality of scraping.
- noun A material used for grinding, such as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun A material used for grinding, as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun A
materialused for grinding, as emery, sand, powdered glass, etc.; an abrasive.
- adjective Tending to
abrade; causing irritation; abrasive.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- noun a tool or machine used for wearing down or smoothing or polishing
- noun a substance that abrades or wears down
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
abrade + -ant
Sorry, no example sentences found.
New comments are temporarily disabled while we update our database.