from The Century Dictionary.
- noun [capitalized] An Academic philosopher.
- noun A member of or a student in an academy.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- noun An Academic philosopher.
- noun obsolete An academician.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun an
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
If its descriptions of character had been given in the language of the philosopher or academist, what was intelligible to one age would have been perplexing or meaningless to the next.
2. OK I accept Caplans argument, educated non-academist are more sensible than average, academics and intellectualls are less read the NYT about any economic issue, for example free trade or outsorcing.