from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- conj. Corresponding to the way in which; precisely as.
- conj. Depending on whether; if.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adv. precisely as; the same as; corresponding to the way in which.
- adv. To the proportion or degree that.
- adv. Depending on whether.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. precisely as; the same as; corresponding to the way in which. According as is an adverbial phrase, of which the propriety has been doubted; but good usage sanctions it. See According, adv.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- agreeably, conformably, or proportionately as.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.