from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- prep. As stated or indicated by; on the authority of: according to historians.
- prep. In keeping with: according to instructions.
- prep. As determined by: a list arranged according to the alphabet.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- prep. Based on what is said or stated by; on the authority of.
- prep. In a manner conforming or corresponding to; in proportion
- prep. Depending on.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.