from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Acerose.
from The Century Dictionary.
- noun A salt of aceric acid.
- Needle-shaped or rod-shaped: specifically applied to monaxon spicules found in calcareous sponges; in botany, same as
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Acerose; needle-shaped.
- noun (Chem.) A combination of aceric acid with a salifiable base.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- noun chemistry A combination of
acericacid with a salifiablebase.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective narrow and long and pointed; as pine leaves
from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
[From Latin ācer, sharp; see ak- in Indo-European roots.]
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
aceric + -ate. See acetic
Sorry, no example sentences found.