from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Having no perianth, as the flowers of a willow.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, without a floral envelop: an epithet applied to plants which have neither calyx nor corolla, and whose flowers are consequently naked, or destitute of a covering.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Naked; having no floral envelope, neither calyx nor corolla.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany Naked; having no floral envelope, neither
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective not having a floral envelope or perianth
Sorry, no etymologies found.