from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 4th Edition
- n. A decrease in or an absence of bile secretion.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- n. Deficiency or want of bile.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- n. Deficiency or lack of bile.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- n. In pathology, deficiency or want of bile.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- n. a condition in which little or no bile is secreted or the flow of bile into the digestive tract is obstructed
_acholia_; the patient is actually poisoned by the non-removal of those ingredients from the blood which it is the duty of the liver to remove.