from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- adj. Developing the archegonium on the summit of the primary stem; fruiting at tips, in the manner of mosses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. Having a terminal fructification; having the fruit at the end of the stalk.
- adj. Having the fruit stalks at the end of a leafy stem, as in certain mosses.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In botany, having the fruit at the end or top of the primary axis: applied to mosses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of mosses) having the archegonia at the top of the stem
acro- + -carpous (Wiktionary)
Sorry, no example sentences found.