from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, having the fruit at the end or top of the primary axis: applied to mosses.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective Having a terminal fructification; having the fruit at the end of the stalk.
- adjective Having the fruit stalks at the end of a leafy stem, as in certain mosses.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany Developing the
archegoniumon the summitof the primary stem; fruitingat tips, in the manner of mosses.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective (of mosses) having the archegonia at the top of the stem
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
acro- + -carpous
Sorry, no example sentences found.