from The American Heritage® Dictionary of the English Language, 5th Edition.
- adjective Of or relating to the development or maturation of tissues or organs or the movement of substances, such as hormones, from the base toward the apex.
from The Century Dictionary.
- In botany, developing from below upward, or from the base toward the apex; basifugal.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English.
- adjective (Bot.) Developing from below towards the apex, or from the circumference towards the center; centripetal; -- said of certain inflorescence.
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License.
- adjective botany That develops, matures or opens from the
basetowards the apexin sequence
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adjective of leaves or flowers; developing or opening in succession from base to apex
from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
acro- + -petal
Sorry, no example sentences found.