from The Century Dictionary.
- noun See
- noun An English statute of 1843 as to defamation
- noun An English statute of 1838 as to obscene publications.
- noun An English statute of 1860 as to endowed schools.
- noun An English statute of 1844 for conserving the property of dissenting congregations to the uses of the faith originally intended, by making 25 years' usage evidence thereof in the absence of a controlling declaration in the deed or instrument of trust. This act is known also as the Dissenters' Chapels Act.
- noun An English statute of 1833 shortening the time prescribed by the statute of limitations in certain cases.
Sorry, no etymologies found.
Sorry, no example sentences found.