from Wiktionary, Creative Commons Attribution/Share-Alike License
- v. Simple past tense and past participle of activate.
from the GNU version of the Collaborative International Dictionary of English
- adj. treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition; -- of sewage.
- adj. made reactive or more reactive; -- of e.g. a molecule.
- adj. rendered active; -- as e.g. radioactive or luminescent or photosensitive or conductive.
- adj. set up and placed on active assignment.
from The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia
- In physics, in a state or condition of acquired radioactivity; ionized.
from WordNet 3.0 Copyright 2006 by Princeton University. All rights reserved.
- adj. (of e.g. a molecule) made reactive or more reactive
- adj. (military) set up and placed on active assignment
- adj. (of sewage) treated with aeration and bacteria to aid decomposition
- adj. rendered active; e.g. rendered radioactive or luminescent or photosensitive or conductive
Sorry, no etymologies found.
And make sure that he installs a little something that can an crash a system when activated from the footpath.
Running back Ryan Torain, activated from the practice squad just one day earlier, had his first carry since 2008 -- and he made the most of it.
Ryan Torain, Washington's new starter, recently acquired backup Chad Simpson and rookie Keiland Williams, if he is activated from the practice squad, must at least perform adequately in picking up Packers 'blitzers.
RHP Brian Bass was designated for assignment to clear a spot on the 25-man roster for RHP Ross Ohlendorf (back spasms) to be activated from the disabled list.
Jackson was activated from the disabled list Saturday and had played five consecutive days, counting three rehab appearances at Class AAA Reno.
Though Portis will begin this weekend's game in the backfield, he'll likely have to share carries with Ryan Torain, who was recently activated from the practice squad.
Further confusing matters, Portis took a backseat to Ryan Torain, who was activated from the practice squad Friday and hadn't appeared in a game since 2008.
Dividing immune cells are called "activated B cells," which proliferate into distinct populations.
He found that the brain activated the same reward system that is activated in a real win, despite the fact that people report that these near misses are unpleasant.
Hinote was activated from the injured list after missing 13 games with an undisclosed lower body injury. ...